"Nobody knows of the work it makes, to keep the home together, nobody knows of the steps it takes, nobody knows -- but Mother."
Every day is the same for her; she starts her day at home, and ending it there only. She is the one who designs the menu, taking your delights into consideration. It is a common saying that nothing tastes better than food made by a mother's hands, for a mother knows her child right and through, and is always delighted to make her child's favourite at any odd hour. Not only that, she pours in her care and affection in the preparations to make you ever-delighted. Keeping this in mind, celebrate this mother's day as a tribute to yours; let this be a chance to let her know that she is the best. Try stepping into her shoes this mother's day to make her smile all the more, making her feel that she holds the place of a special person in your life. The next section provides you some simple recipes that you can try on this mother's day. Surprise her!
Easy Mother's Day recipes For Kids
Cake For Mom
Surprise your mother this Mother's Day by adorning the chef's hat for a day. Make her a wonderful dish that will fill her heart more than her stomach.
Mother's Day Recipes For Kids
- 1 pound cake
- 1 box of instant pudding
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Fruits preferably bananas and strawberries
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- Chilled chocolate syrup
- Make slices of your cake.
- You can make the pudding as per the directions given on the package. Mix the pudding with the whipped topping.
- Chop up the fresh fruits you've chosen.
- Layer the cake, fruit, and a little less than half of the pudding mixture in a loaf pan.
- Top the cake with the remaining pudding.
- Put the cake in the fridge for a couple of hours. When it's chilled, decorate it with the strawberries and mint sprigs.
- Squeeze on a greeting with chilled chocolate syrup. Your cake is ready to serve to your mother wishing her a warm Mother's Day.
- 1 big oatmeal cookie
- 1 Cup mixed blueberries and raspberries
- Whipped cream in a can with a spray nozzle
- Wash the berries and let it dry with a paper towel.
- Put the berries in a nice soup bowl.
- Crumble the oatmeal cookie on top of the berries.
- Spray whipped cream on top of the crumbled cookie and berries.
- Serve it to mom with a spoon.
No Bake Pineapple Cheese Cake
- 4 tablespoons pineapple chunks
- 4 egg roll wrappers
- 1 slice cheesecake
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- Place the egg roll wrappers in the microwave on a plate and let it warm up for about 10 seconds.
- Let the plate cool off before touching it, and then take it out of the microwave.
- When the wrappers are cool enough to pick up, put 1 wrapper on a nice dinner plate.
- In the centre of the wrapper put 2 big spoonfuls of cheesecake.
- Put 1 tablespoon of pineapple chunks on the cheesecake that is on the wrapper.
- In order to cover the wrapper fold over the edges.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon of powdered sugar on top and serve to mom with a fork.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- 2 cups Sugar
- 18 oz Peanut butter
- 2 cups Corn syrup
- 8 cups Rice Krispies
- 6 oz Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz Butterscotch morsels
- Boil sugar and corn syrup together.
- Add peanut butter into it. Cook for few moments; stir well to blend it properly.
- Switch off the burner and pour this hot mixture over rice krispies. Mix them quickly.
- Spread the mixture in a lubricated 9x12x2 inch pan.
- Use butterscotch and chocolate morsels as toppings.
- Take a spoon and compress morsels into bar mixture gently.
- Let it cool.
- Cut into pieces and your peanut butter chocolate rice krispies treat is ready to serve.