Chicken is a huge favourite with a large number of people and hence this lemon chicken recipe forms an important part of our mother's day dinner recipe.
Lemon Chicken Recipe
It happens sometime that while enjoying a nice meal at one of your favourite restaurants you are suddenly reminded of your mother's cooking. The memories are so vivid that you can almost taste it. A mother is undoubtedly the best cook in the world; such is her magic that she can add taste even to the leftovers. So, give it a try this mother's day, by surprising her with something you cook for her, she's anyways going to be all praises for you, irrespective of whether you succeed like a professional or not. But, don't be nervous as the recipes we have in store for you is surely going to end up as a delight. It is simple to prepare, sumptuous to taste, and will leave your mother craving for more. So, 'apron up' and get ready to cook some lemon chicken for her. This tender and juicy delight will definitely bring praises for your efforts. You can choose from either of the recipes listed below. Read on!
Lemon Chicken Recipe
Recipe # 1
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh Rosemary (1 tablespoon dried)
- 2 tbsp Margarine
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 4 boneless skinless Chicken Thighs or Breast
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Take a heavy frying pan and mix margarine and oil together; heat over medium-high heat until margarine melts.
- Stir fry garlic and rosemary in the oil/butter mixture for 2 minutes and then add lemon juice and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add chicken and fry until it becomes brown on all sides.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Decrease heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 - 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve warm along with proper garnishing.
Recipe # 2
- 1/2 Kg Chicken
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 8 tsp White flour
- Lemon sauce
- Salt (according to taste)
- Take egg white, salt, sugar, and garlic paste in a bowl and stir to make an even paste.
- Apply this paste on the chicken; marinate it for about ten minutes.
- Dust this marinated chicken with white flour and then deep fry until golden brown and tender.
- Serve these chicken pieces when while still warm and serve with lemon sauce.
Recipe # 3
- 3/8 (3 1/2) pound Broiler-Fryer Chicken
- 1/2 tsp salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Onion powder
- 1/8 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp seasoned Salt
- 1/8 tsp dried Thyme
- 1 small Lemon, Halved
- 5/8 fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
- Take a sharp knife and try to loosen the skin around chicken breast, leg and thigh.
- Mix the seasonings together to form a rich mixture. Rub half this mixture under the skin of the chicken.
- Now cut half a lemon into two and place each, along with the rosemary sprigs, inside the cavity of the chicken.
- For making skewer openings try tying drumsticks with the help of kitchen string.
- Now place the chicken on a rack inside a baking pan with the breast side up. Squeeze the remaining half of the lemon over the chicken and buff it with the remainder of the spice mixture.
- Now bake for an hour at 180 degree F, until the juices dry off.
- Cover and let it stay for fifteen minutes before carving and don't forget to remove the lemon and rosemary from the cavity.