If the Almighty God is found on earth, it's in the form of your mother. She is a face of love, and affection under whose guidance and shelter you grow. No matter what path you take on, she is always there for you unconditionally. It is how Anne Morrow Lindbergh put it, "By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacation-less class." For that effort, at an individual level, it is a day to show your love and gratitude, no matter how old you are. Mother's day, celebrated across the world in the month of May to honour mothers and their services, is the perfect occasion to do that. So, this mother's day, give your mother a much needed break from the kitchen and you take over the proceedings. Treat her with some mouth-watering dishes. Here are some simple recipes to help you get started.
Quick & Simple Mother's Day Recipes
It's mother's day! If you want to cook something for your mother then, listed below, are some simple recipes that you can try.
Easy Mother's Day Recipes
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Plantain - 4
- Mango - 1
- Apple - 1
- Grapes - 100 grams
- Melon - 1
- Ice cubes
- Cut apple, melon, mango, and plantain into small pieces.
- Wash grapes. Now add sugar.
- Wash ice cubes, break them into small pieces, and mix in with the fruits. Combine well.
Chicken Salad Moulded
- Capsicum slices - ¼ cup
- Lettuce leaves - as needed
- Tomato - as needed
- Chicken slices (boiled) - 2 cup
- Mayonnaise - 1 cup
- Sliced stuffed aulingan - ½ cup
- Sugar - 1 dessert spoon
- Celery (cut finely) - ½ cup
- Hot water - ½ cup
- Pepper powder - as needed
- Lime juice - 3 dessert spoon
- Water - ¼ cup
- Salt - as needed
- Gelatine - 2 dessert spoon
- Olive - as needed
- Immerse gelatine in water.
- Add some water and dissolve again.
- Mix pepper powder, sugar, mayonnaise, and salt.
- Now add all the ingredients and pour it in a wet mould.
- Let it cool for some time.
- Garnish it with tomato, lettuce, and olives.
- Eggs - 2
- Butter - 110 g
- Plain flour sifted - 110 g
- Castor sugar - 225 g
- Chocolate chunked (optional)
- Baking powder - ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder - ½ teaspoon.
- Plain chocolate broken into pieces - 110 g
- Take a bowl and put the chocolate and butter in it.
- Simmer water in a saucepan and stand the bowl in the water till the chocolate melts.
- Do not put chocolate directly on the heat as it melts very quickly. Simmer it on the saucepan with little water. Do not immerse the bowl.
- When melted remove the bowl of the heat and mix in all the other ingredients.
- Mix it gently till it has smooth consistency.
- Spread the mixture on the greased baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 30 minutes on the gas.
- Cook it till you get a nice fluffy structure. Do not overcook it.
- When it is done check it by poking a knife in the centre and pull it out. If it comes out clean, it means the dish is ready to serve.
- 2-3 sliced buns
- Coriander leaves -finely chopped
- Garlic grates - 1 tsp
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- Powder - 1 tsp
- Butter - 3tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika powder
- Salt - as per taste
- Take a soft bun and cut it in slanting shape.
- Mix salt, pepper, grated garlic, or minced garlic powder for extra flavour, basil leaves, and butter.
- Now spread the butter on all the slices and garnish it with paprika and coriander leaves.
- Place the bread on the cookie sheet place it in the oven.
- Bake them on 350 degrees for about 8 minutes.
- Serve hot with coffee, tea, or soup.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- White Bread - 2 slices
- Divided Butter - 3 tablespoons
- Cheddar Cheese - 1 slices
- Preheat the skillet to a medium temperature.
- Spread butter on one side of the slice of bread.
- Put this bread butter-side-down on skillet bottom.
- Take a slice of cheese and place over the bread.
- On the second slice of bread spread butter in similar fashion and put butter-side-up on top of the sandwich.
- Grill it for some time and you will find it light brown coloured.
- Flip over and keep grilling until cheese is melted.
- Your grilled cheese sandwich is ready to serve.