When you think about your mother, the first thing that comes to your mind is the endless advice she gave you. Whoever you are, and whatever you have accomplished in your life is partly because of your own efforts and partly because of your mother's sound teachings. Good or bad, take it or pass it, a mother always wants the best for her child and ensures that she does her best to propel your thoughts and actions towards attainment of bigger, better goals in life. She has more experience than you have and is more worldly-wise too, and hence, any pearl of wisdom coming from her mouth is worthy paying heed to. Don't think that it is just your mom who advices you; every mother does that. Of course, all mothers think about their children; they are anxious about their future, worried about bringing them up correctly. No need to say how much these advice do good to us. Here are some typical motherly advices, which you may have come across your life at home, with your loving mom.
Some Motherly Advices
Have a look on some very interesting, funny and typical motherly advices, which are common to mothers all over the world.
Some Typical Motherly Advice
- “Because I'm your mother that's why”
- “I hope that when you grow up, you have kids 'Just Like you'!”
- “I've told you a thousand times…”
- “Just you wait until you have kids of your own - then you'll understand”
- “Because I said so.”
- “Just wait till your father gets home.”
- “No dessert till you clean off your plate.”
- “You tell that bully to cut it out or you'll tell the teacher...”
- “It doesn't matter what you accomplish, I'll always be proud of you.”
- “Money does not grow on trees.”
- “Don't make that face or it'll freeze in that position.”
- “If I talked to my mother like you talk to me....”
- “Don't eat those; they will stunt your growth”
- “What's meant to be is meant to be.” (when you are disappointed)
- “Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age.”
- "Work before play."
- "Life isn't always fair."
- "Never lie, cheat, or steal."
- "Never be too proud to ask for help when you need it."
- “I slave for hours over a hot stove and this is the thanks I get?”
- “Honestly... You'd lose your head if it wasn't screwed on!”
- “Get that thing out of your mouth!”
- “I've got eyes in the back of my head, that's how”
- “Someday your face is going to stick like that.”
- “Don't put that in your mouth; you don't know where it's been!”
- “Eat your vegetables, there are thousands of people who stuggle for one-time meal”
- “I will get it for you if you come first in exams”
- "I know how to do things—I'm your mom."
- "Never allow the habits of others to control your life"
- “Mind your manners you may eat with the president someday.”
- "There are a bunch of idiots in the world, you just need to accept it and move on. It's part of life."
- “Before you do anything life-changing, call me!”
- "Don't let other people make the choices for you and don't let no one push you around."
- “No one would thing for your better than your mummy. So, don't question and obey what I say”.
- “If I can bear you ten months in my womb, I know how to control you as well”