The famous quotes and sayings of Mother Teresa will provide a real insight on life and reality.
Mother Teresa Sayings
Mother Teresa was a woman of character who devoted her entire life in the service of others. It is no small feat given the fact that this Saint served everyone selflessly, just like a mother. She conveyed the message of love and peace through her selfless work and undying love for everyone. The greatness of this unpretentious nun from India is in her deeds. Everyone admires her relentless work in the rehabilitation of the poor. She had immense love and compassion for all living beings. That is probably why her loving sayings resonate in our hearts even now. While reading her quotes, we realize how disconnected we are to other humans in today's society. These quotes by our 'true mother' show how fortunate and blessed we really are. Here are a few quotes by this great lady who became a source of inspiration for many. Read them and get inspired.
Mother Teresa's Quotes
- I work for the people, because I feel I must do something.
- People are generally irrational, unreasonable and selfish. They deserve to be loved, anyway.
- It's law of nature that the good you do, will be forgotten tomorrow. But the good work must be carried on.
- Your honesty and frankness will expose you to problems but your work should not stop for it means the world to so many people.
- Years of your hard work may be destroyed overnight, that should not deter you from building upon your hard work.
- Despite giving your best to the world, you may be kicked in the teeth. Give the best you have anyway.
- Places like Calcutta can be seen all over the world if you have eyes to see.
- Developed countries suffer from poverty of understanding, poverty of will, of loneliness, of lack of love and spirit. There is no greater disease in the world today than this.
- When you don't have anything, then you have everything.
- The person who gives with a smile is the best giver because God loves a cheerful giver.
- It is not the size of our actions but the amount of love and care that is put into them that matters.
- You should never lose heart. God is merciful and kind- he has endowed you with the best gift- smile, which can make millions happy.
- Show kindness through your face, your eyes, your smile and through the warmth of your greetings. You must bear a cheerful smile. Don't only give your care, but give your heart as well.
- Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
- We are not social workers. We may be doing social work in the eyes of some people, but we must be contemplatives in the heart of the world.
These Mother Teresa quotes show how much this inspiring woman loved those that the rest of the world abandoned. The true words of Mother Teresa shows how ardently she believed in the power of selfless love by providing help to the poorest of the poor.