Mother's day is on its way, and active are the creative minds that are planning for this day exclusively devised for their mothers. Now here is a fact: the same mother who rushes throughout her life to keep you going, gets very little in return most of the times. Some of us buy flowers and cards for her, while others go one step ahead: arranging dinner in lavish hotels or restaurants. Still, there remains something missing in the celebrations, and that is the personalised touch which actually connects your heartfelt expressions with the feelings of your dearest mum. To put it simply: it's not enough! You need to make an extra effort, and among the best ways to do it is by making exquisitely tasting pies for your mother. And making mouth-watering apple and maple pie, the jewels among the fruits, will make your mom delighted to the core. Have a look over the next section to know about these easy yet delicious recipes.
Homemade Apple Pie Recipes
Apple And Maple Pie
Apple and maple pie is an easy to make and yummy mother's day pie recipe. Have a look and please your mom on this mother's day with these relishing recipes.
Apple And Maple Pie
- 1 ea Piecrust
- 4 ea Apples, peeled sliced
- 1 cup pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the apples in the pie crust.
- Blend the maple syrup with the cornstarch, in a blender.
- Put the mixture into a saucepan with the margarine and cook over moderate heat, keep stirring until the mixture becomes very thick.
- Now, pour the maple syrup mixture over the apples.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
Apple Crumb Pie
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup chilled Vegetable Shortening, chilled
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup ice cold Water
- 3 1/2 pounds Apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For Crumb Topping
- 3/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg, ground
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup pieced chilled Butter
- Firstly, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
To Make Crust
- Take a medium sized bowl and mix flour and salt in it.
- Cut the shortenings, with a pastry blender or 2 knives, in the flour mixture to form rough fragments.
- Mix small proportions of water, barely 1 tbsp each time, flipping occasionally with a fork. Soon, the dough will start to form.
- Give it a shape of flat ball. Cover it in a plastic wrap and cool it for around 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin, keeping the size of 12 inch circle.
- Put it into a 9 inch pie pan. Remove the surplus dough. Make sure that you leave about an inch extended portion.
- Finely pinch edges to flute.
To Prepare Filling
- Take lemon juice, apples, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in a large sized bowl for preparing filling.
- Spoon the mixture uniformly into the outside layer.
To Prepare Topping
- Take a small bowl to mix brown sugar, nutmeg and flour properly.
- Cut butter into this mixture with a pastry blender or 2 knives to form coarse crumbs.
- Now take filling and spray the crumb topping evenly over it so that it completely covers the filling.
- Cover the crust with foil to prevent it from burning.
- Bake for nearly 40 minutes. Keep on spinning it intermittently.
- Now remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Your pie is now ready to serve.