Cake is counted among the best dishes to celebrate any occasion. From birthday parties to minor achievements to bid adieu to an old friend, when one talks about celebration, the thought of cakes and their lavishness naturally come to mind. The mother's day fever is ON! Begin your series of sweet surprises to your mom with a cake cutting ceremony, and that too, in a different style. Rather than dialling a number from your cell and ordering for a home delivery of cake, why not try out a carrot cake recipe at home? Yes, indeed! You can prepare a cake at home with just little efforts. Just have the essentials available and see the magic baking oven brings to the festival. Here, we are presenting you a very easy carrot cake making recipes exclusively for you and your mum. The easiness does not mean it is less tasty than other cakes. Believe it, the cake is one of the popular cakes of United Kingdom. Have a read.
Easy Carrot Cake Recipe
Carrot cake is one of the best tasting & easy to make cake recipes. Explore the page to get different variations of the recipes.
Carrot Cake Recipe
- 2 cup Flour, all purpose
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Clove powder
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 ea Crushed pineapple (8 oz can)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 cup Carrots, shredded
- 3 ea Large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line up 13x9" baking pan with foil. Coat it with vegetable cooking spray.
- Mingle all the ingredients- flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cloves in a bowl.
- Beat sugar, pineapple, oil and vanilla in mixer bowl until light and smooth. Beat in dry ingredients until fully mixed. Stir in carrots.
- Now beat egg whites in small mixer bowl to form stiff peaks; fold into carrot mixture in 2 batches with rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean; cool in pan or on wire rack.
- Invert cake onto wax paper; remove pan and foil. Your Mother's Day carrot cake is ready to be served.
Apple Carrot Cake
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable oil
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla essence
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups shredded Carrots
- 1 cup chopped Apples
- 1 cup golden Raisins
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- 2 (3oz) cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 box (1lb) confectioners' sugar (sifted)
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- Mix sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Take all the other dry ingredients and add them to the mixture prepared in above step.
- Now mix other remaining ingredients.
- Take greased and wax paper lined two round cake pans and pour into them.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes. Make sure that the cake is done by touching at its centre with a toothpick.
- Give it 10 minutes to cool.
- The cake is ready now.
- Frost with pecan cream cheese frosting.
- For this, blend sugar, egg, some vegetable oil and vanilla in a medium sized bowl thoroughly.
- Make it smooth by beating in sift sugar and widening evenly. Fold in pecans and your apple carrot cake is ready.
Chocolate Carrot Cake
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated Carrots
- 3/4 cup granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1 cup boiling Water
- 1 1/2 cups whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Take a large mixing bowl.
- Put carrots, sugar & oil in it and mix them.
- Add some water in the mixture and set it aside for some minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.
- Blend the two mixtures and stir thoroughly.
- Take an 8 inch square shaped non-sticky pan and pour this batter into it.
- Bake it at 350°F temperature for about 35 minutes.
- The cake is ready. For adding deliciousness, frost it with cream cheese frosting.
- You can also use whisked topping or ice cream while serving.