The commemoration of mother's day is on, with markets full of cards and gifts, paying homage to the mothers and motherly figures of your life. Lots of restaurants come up with vouchers and flexi schemes exclusively for children seeking ideas for mother's day. She is special for you, so is the day, and the way the celebration should be. Won't you like to give her back what she has endlessly contributed to make your way easy? Yes, from waking up early in the morning, arranging every minute thing so that you do not miss anything, to evening tea to bedtime; she makes the day all perfect. It's time for you to tell her that her efforts did not go in vain and that you will always remain grateful for her selfless deeds. And the best way to express your feelings is to give her a full day rest. Let the celebration begins with a cup of tea early morning with a plate of surprising breakfast! Seems fantastic? It really is. Go through several healthy and easy breakfast recipes in the coming section and make the day fantabulous for her.
Healthy Breakfast Recipes for Mother's Day
Cherry And Pecan Cream Cheese Spread
Celebrate this mother's day in a very special way by preparing breakfast for her. Read on to explore some healthy breakfast recipes for Mother's Day.
Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes
- 1 cup Dried Sour Cherries
- 1 cup Water
- 2 8-ounce packages Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 tsp Lime Zest, freshly grated
- Scones or Crackers, as accompaniments
- The first step would be to simmer cherries in water. Cook the liquid until it gets reduced to the quantity of a tablespoon.
- Now, in a separate bowl, whisk together cream cheese, pecans, lime juice, thyme, zest, cherry mixture, salt and pepper.
- Store the spread, for about 2 days, in the refrigerator.
- Serve it with scenes or crackers.
Strawberry Yoghurt Scones
- 1¾ cups Plain Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 60g Butter
- ½ cup Strawberry Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Milk, or as needed
- The first step would to preheat the oven to 220˚C.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Now, add butter to this mixture and mix it with fingers, until a crumbly texture is formed.
- Pour the yoghurt into the butter-mixture and mix briefly, to form soft dough.
- Sprinkle some flour over a flat surface and roll out the dough. Make sure it is 2 cm thick.
- Now, using a scone cutter or round biscuit cutter, cut the dough to form scones.
- Place the scones on greased baking sheets and brush their tops with milk.
- Bake them in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until they turn golden-brown.
- 150 gm Butter or Margarine
- 5 tbsp Demerara Sugar
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 200 gm Porridge Oats
- Handful of Dried Apricots, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven at 190˚C. Grease a baking tin, measuring 17x26 cm.
- Now, in a saucepan, pour butter, sugar and golden syrup and melt them over medium heat.
- Now, mix in oats and apricots.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake it for 25 minutes.
- Cut it into thin slices and serve it.
Onion Tomato Sandwiches
- Eight Bread Slices
- One medium sized Onion
- One medium sized Tomato
- Two Green Chillies
- ½ tablespoon Chilli powder
- ½ tablespoon Coriander powder
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Table Butter for toasting
- Mustard Seeds & Urad Dal - 1/2 tablespoon (for flavouring)
- Make fine slices of onions, tomatoes and green chillies.
- Put a pan on the burner, pour some oil. Let it heat and add mustard seeds and urad dal to it.
- As it splutters, add onion and green chillies and fry till they get cooked to slight golden brown.
- Mix tomato pieces into it well. Now, add all the powders and salt and heat it well for nearly 5 minutes.
- Put the cooked material in a sieve so that unnecessary moisture gets drained out.
- Now, heat another pan (with plain surface) for bread slices.
- Toast the bread slices on both sides with butter. Put more butter on one side than other making it crispier.
- Spread the onion-tomato mixture on crispy brown slices with a knife.
- Put the other slice over this one and push down with a spatula and toast for another 1 minute or so.
- The crispy onion-tomato sandwich full of zing is now ready. Serve warm.