Whether she is a working mother or a homemaker, kitchen is an inseparable part of a woman's life. Preparing food is a must to ensure that her family leads a healthy life. This mother's day, let your mother get a day off from the kitchen, and let her relax for a while. As her good son or daughter, let her rest while you take over the kitchen. This would not only make her feel special and happy, but will also have the chance to taste mouth-watering food prepared by you. It would be an ever-lasting delightful moment for her and believe it, she would be boasting about it to everyone that comes across her. So, what are you waiting for? Wear the chef cap and make your way straight to the kitchen, to cook a delightful lunch for her. Next sub-section of this article will help you in making it a success with its easy, healthy and distinctive recipes for lunch. Have a quick look.
Quick Lunch Recipes For Mother's Day
Fenugreek Rice (Methi Pulav)
Here is an article with some appetising recipes for lunch on mom's special day. Explore the article to know quick lunch recipes for mother's day.
Mother's Day Lunch Recipes
- Bunch of fresh destalked Fenugreek Leaves, carefully washed and thickly sliced
- Two cups of cooked Rice (cooled)
- 1/2 tablespoon Mustard Seeds
- One Green Chilli halved into two pieces
- Two Red Chilli cut into halves
- 1/4 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- A few fresh Curry leaves
- Two tablespoon Oil or ghee
- Salt to taste
- Juice of half Lime
- Freshly grated Coconut
- Take a deep pan, and heat oil or ghee in it.
- Once heated, put mustard seeds, red and green chillies into it.
- As mustard seeds splutter, add curry leaves and turmeric powder in the pan. Give it a moment to set and keep on stirring slowly.
- Fry fenugreek leaves in it for next five minutes or so.
- Now add salt and mix it well.
- Put rice and few drops of lime juice in the pan. Blend all the materials properly.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 5 to 10 minutes on low flame.
- Once rice is cooked, sprinkle grated coconut to garnish.
- Serve hot.
Chicken and Bacon Kabobs
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 Green Onions, minced
- 10 large Mushrooms, cut in half
- 3 skinless, boneless Chicken Breast halves, cut into chunks
- 1/2 pound thick slice Bacon, cut in half
- 1 can Pineapple Chunks, drained
- The first step towards making chicken and bacon kabobs is to mix soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, canola oil and green onions in a large bowl.
- Add mushroom and chicken pieces to the bowl. Stir it well, so that the pieces get coated with the mixture.
- Cover the bowl and keep in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Now, preheat the grill on high temperature.
- Cover the chicken chunks with bacon and thread them onto skewers, alternating with mushroom halves and pineapple chunks.
- After oiling the grill grate, arrange the skewers on it.
- Cook it for 15 to 20 minutes and brush it with soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear.
Turkey And Asparagus Crepes
- 20 gm Butter, melted
- 4 thin slices Turkey
- 4 thin slices Jarlsberg Cheese
- 2 bunches Asparagus, ends trimmed, blanched
- ½ cup Light Cream
- ½ cup Cheddar, grated
- ½ cup Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Light Cream
- The first step to make turkey and asparagus crepe would be to prepare a batter. For this, sift flour into a bowl, with a pinch of salt.
- Beat an egg and add to the flour. Add half of milk and mix well. Now, pour the remaining milk and ½ cup cream into it and stir well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and brush it with a little melted butter.
- Now, add a cup of batter and tilt pan on all sides so that it covers the base.
- Wait for the bubbles to appear. Then, turn the crepe and cook for another one minute.
- In a pre-heated oven grill, place crepes on a flat surface and top it with turkey, jarlsberg cheese and asparagus.
- Roll the crepe and place it in a heat-proof serving dish. Now, pour 1/3 cup cream and sprinkle grated cheddar and pepper on top.
- Keep this dish over heat, so that the cheese melts and the cream starts bubbling. Serve it immediately.