Mother's day is the time to commemorate, respect and shower your never-dying love to your mom. The special person of your life, standing by your side in every situation sure deserves homage from your side. And to allow you to do that, mother's day is knocking at the door; the day exclusively meant to serve this purpose. Celebrate it with surprising plans, sweet gifts and lavish care. Start the day by helping her in with the daily chores, providing a cosy corner for her, and in the process. do something she did not expected from you. How is the idea of making cookies for her? Yes, she has often done this for you, hasn't she? On this fabulous occasion, why not make her feel lucky by treating her like a queen, preparing cookies for her. Here is an article with easy sugar recipes for making this mother's day the most memorable one. Try out the recipes of sugar cookies or, cookie hearts as they are popular, and see an ear-to-ear smile on the face of your mother.
Sugar Cookie Recipe
Cookie Hearts is the special cookie dedicated to Mother's Day where the heart signifies Mother's love for her children. Here is an article with easy sugar cookie recipe for mother's day.
- 1 cup unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 3 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup filtered Confectioners' Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and feathery. Blend in the eggs and vanilla; mix it well.
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda; and then put it into the sugar mixture until well blended. Cool it for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide the dough into quarters. Now, roll out one quarter on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut them into heart shapes with a 2-inch cutter and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake it for 5 to 8 minutes or until the cookies become brown at the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
For the Icing
- Mix together the confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Spread on the cookies.
- 3 cup filtered all-purpose Flour
- 11/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Softened Butter
- 1 lightly beaten Egg
- 3 Tablespoon Half-And-Half
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F (nearly 200 degrees C) at first.
- Mix together all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Blend the butter with a pastry blender after cutting it. Continue until the crumbly mixture is obtained.
- Stir in the lightly beaten egg, vanilla and half-and-half using a fork. Blend properly first with a fork and then with your hand for thorough blending.
- Give it an hour to get chilled. It would help in easier rolling of dough.
- If you do not want rolling, chill it for just 15 minutes.
- If you are going for rolling, go for this step otherwise skip: roll the dough on a floured shell. Keep the thickness to ¼ inches.
- Cut into desired shapes. Put the pieces on baking sheets and cover them with parchment paper.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. As it becomes light brown, take out of oven. The cookies are ready for icing.
- You can skip icing by sprinkling sugar before baking.
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 5 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- Heat the oven at first raising its temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Make the mixture of butter and sugars smooth by beating. In this smooth paste, add some vegetable oil.
- Now, mix eggs, one by one and then add vanilla.
- Add 1 cup of flour and blend.
- In this blended mixture, add baking soda, salt and cream of tartar.
- Put the batter in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- By this time, the batter would get significantly chilled. Roll the batter out on a generously sugared surface making big dough spreading it evenly.
- Now cut desired shapes from this dough with cookie cutter or clean top of drinking glass.
- Bake them for nearly 10 minutes.
- As the edges turn into golden brown coloured, your perfect rolled sugar cookies are ready.