Key lemon pie is an easy to make and one of the best key lime dessert recipes. Explore this page to get some variants of this pie to please your mother this mother's day.
Some dishes are delicious beyond our expectations, so is the love and care of our mum. The unconditional, ever-flowing love of our mom would never leave us alone however worse conditions may prevail. Such is the beauty of having the best angel of God, a mother, by our side. As the mother's day is heading towards us gradually, many a genius and creative kids would have started planning for the special day, alluring their respective mums and expressing their gratitude and respect for them. We too have a fabulous plan for this mother's day to help you celebrate your mom's greatness. Put some efforts in execution of the plan and see your mother's ear-to-ear smile blessing you thousand wishes. Celebrate this mother's day with our lemon pie recipes that you will find in next sub-section. Believe it; these delicious pies will make the atmosphere more lively and zealous. Just try them and see how many smiles you bring, bestowing you several compliments.
Key Lemon Pie Recipe
Recipe # 1
- 1/3 cup Lime juice
- Zest of 6 Key Limes
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3 ea egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp Rum
- green food colouring (4-6 drops)
- 1 x 9 inch Graham Cracker Crust
- 1/2 pt whipped cream
- 2 T- confectioner's sugar
- 1 T- rum
- Add lime juice and zest to condensed milk. Beat in egg yolks. Add rum and food colouring to it, if desired.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Whip cream together with 2 T confectioner's sugar and 1 T rum. Now, spread whipped cream evenly over pie.
- Chill until set, (for about 4 hours).
Recipe # 2
For Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/4 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 5-6 tbsp unsalted melted Butter
- 2 tbsp granulated White Sugar
- One 14 ounce can sweetened condensed Milk
- 3 large Egg Yolks
- 2 tsp grated Lime Zest
- 1/2 cup key Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp granulated White Sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping Cream
- Place the rack at the mid of the oven; preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start with preparation of the graham cracker crust. For this combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar together in a well oiled 9-inch pie pan. Consistently press it towards bottom and sides well. Finally take a plastic wrap to cover it. Cool this mixture until further use.
- Now take an electric mixer and use it to beat egg yolk for around three minutes to make it pallid and fluffy.
- Now, little by little, add the condensed milk and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. It will hardly take 4 to 5 more minutes.
- Pour lime zest and lime juice in the mixture, mixing carefully.
- Now pour the above prepared filling onto the graham cracker crust, prepared in first step.
- Set the batter for baking for about 10minutes. After it is set, take it out of oven and let it cool at room temperature.
- Now refrigerate it before serving.
- While serving, take a minute or two to prepare the topping.
- For this, beat the whipping cream till the soft tips are formed. Add sugar and beat for a few more minutes. The topping is ready now.
- Decorate the lemon pie with this creamy topping.