Yet another Mother's Day is knocking at the door! It's time to get rid of the old conventional gift ideas and find something new to present your mom as a token of her boundless love and affection. Just because she is happy receiving anything you gift does not mean that you can take her for granted. No matter how expensive your gift may be, her affection cannot be repaid. So, creating a handmade craft using your own creative mind and innovative thoughts would be something that would bowl her completely. To make your handmade crafted gift all the more special, you can try your hand in crochet arts this time. An artwork that is quite similar to knitting, plenty of items can be created using crocheting. It can be a crochet handbag or a valet for your mom, which you can personalise using some photos or images. Take a look at some of the crocheting craft ideas that are mentioned below to gift your mom.
Crocheting crafts look beautiful and make great gifts. Read on to know some crocheting crafts you can make for your mom on this Mother's Day.
Mother's Day Crocheting Crafts
- 3 to 4 Knitting Yarns (in required colours)
- Crochet Hook
- Take a crochet hook and a few yarns in your desired colours
- Crochet a rounded disk in one and a half in diameter.
- Crochet three chain stitches for the primary circle and connect it to the primary chain. This can be done using one slipstitch.
- For the first round, work around the circle with six double crochet after which you can join it to the double crochet with slipstitch.
- The crochet belt is ready for use.
- Crochet Hook
- Yarn (of desired choice though scrap yarn is a good choice)
- Hair Rubber Bands
- Beads (optional)
- Get a soft yarn to create a crochet scrunchie.
- Pick a crochet hook that works easily with the yarn that you have chosen.
- In case you are using a fine yarn, use a small hook and a larger hook works well with thicker yarn.
- Stitch the yarn using slipstitch with the other hand holding the elastic ponytail holder.
- Using a single crochet, work on the elastic ponytail until you complete one circle. (The yarn and the size of the crochet are factors on which the amount of stitches is based).
- Ensure you make one double crochet that is followed by one chain stitch in each crochet around the ponytail holder.
- Fasten the last stitch to the top portion of the initial double crochet, using a slipstitch. Secure the ends and cut the additional yarn.
- The crochet scrunchie is ready.
Easy Pin Cushion
- Scrap of Material
- Rounded Papier-Mâché container with lid
- Paint that matches the material
- Small Bowl
- Cotton Batting
- Hot Glue Gun
- Trace into the material using a bowl or a mug.
- Cut the picture out which you have drawn.
- Stitch around the parameter of the circle using a running stitch. Ensure not to cut off the ends of the thread. Remove the needle and keep it aside.
- Paint the papier-mâché container using craft paint and keep it aside to dry it completely.
- Pick up the material and tightly pull the thread.
- Once the whole fabric looks like a small bag, fill it using as much as batting as possible.
- Pull the thread until the entire bag is closed.
- Stick the bowl into the inside portions of the container lip and set it aside to dry.
- The result is a beautiful cushion that you can use to store thread, buttons, needles and other small items.
Crocheting crafts not only reveals the innovative person in you, but also conveys your enthusiasm and affection for your mother.