Refreshing is her love, vast is the depth of her warmth. There would be hardly anyone in the world who hasn't known that heavenly affection of a mother. So, when a Mother's Day makes another visit, it's up to the rest of the family to make her realise how special she is. Whatever the gift is, make sure that it touches her heart. You can just surprise her by taking her out for dinner or throw a party to make her happy. However, do keep in mind that she does not require any expensive gift to be happy; a small handmade wallet, a beautiful flower basket or just a goodie bag is sufficient to make her feel on top of the world. The best way to please your mom is to create a beautiful handmade craft that shows your sincere most emotion along with your bright creative side. It can be either an attractive candleholder or a flowerpot that she can cherish all her life. Glance through the below mentioned ideas to surprise your dear mother.
Mother's Day Craft Ideas For Adults
Butterfly Candle Holders
Gifting crafts is a great way to make your mom feel special. Go through the article to get some ideas on Mother's Day crafts for adults.
Mother's Day Craft Ideas For Adults
- Glass Candle Holders (small in size)
- Butterfly Wrapping Paper
- Tissue Paper (yellow colour)
- Paintbrush (small in size)
- Cuticle Scissors
- Wet Paper Towel
- Cut the pictures of the butterflies from the wrapping paper using a cuticle scissor. Shred a tissue paper into small pieces, about 1 inch thick.
- Apply some decoupage on the back portion of a few tissue papers with the help of a paintbrush.
- Place the tissue paper on the glass and apply some decoupage on its top.
- Glue the tissue paper pieces until the candleholder is completely done.
- Apply the last coat of decoupage on the candleholder. Use a wet paper to get rid of the excessive decoupage.
- Once the decoupage is completely dry, place the butterflies on the top portion of the tissue paper.
- Apply some decoupage on the back of the pictures and keep them on the glass.
- Set another coat over the whole glass after which you can keep the candleholder on the top. Set it aside to dry it again.
- Once the decoupage is dry, you can add a few extra coats of decoupage for further effect.
- You can get the butterfly design from calendars, magazines or greeting cards.
- Thin decoupage is the best for making this craft.
- It is always good to use cuticle scissors, as it comes handy when cutting small pictures and rounded corners.
- These candleholders can be beautified using different colours of tissue papers.
Mosaic Tile Pot
- Paint brush
- An Old Towel
- White Grout
- Tacky Glue
- A Plastic Bowl with a Lid
- Putty Knife of 1 inches
- Blue Acrylic Paint
- Terracotta Flower Pot of 6 to 7 inches
- Tiles (in white, yellow and blue colours)
- Paint the inside portion of the pot in blue. Set it aside to dry.
- Keep the tiles on one end of the towel and fold the other end over the tiles. Smash the tiles using a hammer to break them into small pieces. Ensure not to break the tiles with uncovered eyes. Wear safety glasses to guard the eyes.
- Decide on the placement of tile pieces on the pot. Leave the area between the pieces to grout.
- Mix grout with water in a plastic bowl in medium consistency. In case you need to leave the project for a few minutes, cover the bowl using a lid to avoid the grout from getting dry.
- Make use of a knife to grout over the surface, thus filling the wide cracks between the spaces.
- Get rid of the excess grout using a gar or sponge after which you can clean the surface using a wet rag. Allow the grout to dry. Your mosaic tile pot is ready.
Get inspired by the above-mentioned tips to give an amazing gift to your mother, as nothing can equal the glow on her face when she receives it.