Making Mother's dayflowers is an interesting Mother's day kids craft activity.
Mother's Day Flower Craft
If it completely slipped out of your mind that Mother's Day was around the corner, then it's not too late to think of a gift. Handmade flowers are a great gift option when it comes to occasions like Mother's Day. Apart from being a cinch to make, handmade flowers add a personalize touch to your gift and there is no way that these handmade flowers will not be appreciated by the mothers. There are a number of ways in which these Mother's Day flowers can be made, either from fabric or paper or tissues. It's all up to your imagination and creativity to decide what kind of flowers you want to make. And the homemade flowers are sure to be appreciated more than the real ones, which are an easy buy from the stores around. Go through some of the ideas on how to make flowers for Mother's Day and surprise your mother with these artsy and crafty skills which were hidden somewhere.
Mothers Day Fabric Flowers
Fabric flowers are very easy to make. They give a very natural look and the best part about making these fabric flowers is that each flower turns out to be different.
- Synthetic Silk Fabric
- Fabric Glue
- Buttons or Beads
- Cut out different sized circles from the thick card paper. Let the circles be of different diameters, as the flower should have bigger petals on the outside than on the inside.
- Using these circles, cut out circles from the synthetic silk fabric. Then snip into one third of the circles to create the petals. You can create as many petals as you want, but five should be fine.
- Use the candle to melt the edges of each petal. Keep rotating the flower to avoid being burnt. Do the same with each layer of the flower.
- After all the layers of the flower have been crinkled, you can sew or glue all the petals together. The top layer of the flower can have beads or buttons as embellishments.
- You can create a number of fabric flowers this way and put them all together to create a bouquet. Alternatively, you can use these flowers to decorate a Mother's Day card and also to make broaches.
Mother's Day Tissue Flowers
Tissue flowers for Mother's Day are very simple and easy to make. They can be made easily by anyone who is not too inclined on spending hours on creating a craft, but wants some simple ways of pleasing the mother and add a splash of color to the table.
- Tissue Papers
- Pipe Cleaners
- Cut squares out of the tissue paper and see to it that all the squares are of the same size.
- Decorate these tissue papers using the markers and sketch pens.
- Crinkle these individual pieces of tissue to create a more natural look. After crinkling these individual pieces of paper, lay them lay flat on the table.
- Now lay these tissue papers on top of each other and fold them into a rectangle. At the centre of the rectangle, cut a small v shaped notch.
- Slide in these layers of tissue up the pipe cleaner and twist it around the notch.
- Once all the layers have been pulled, fluff them up for a more natural look.
- Make as many flowers as you can in different colors and sizes to team them up together into a bouquet. And arrange these flowers well in a beautiful vase with a special message for your mother on Mother's Day.
These lovely flower ideas are a delight and the effort put into making them is sure to even set those real flowers aside. So, go ahead and use your creative skill to create beautiful flowers.