It is absolutely true that "the moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." And what better way to celebrate the mother in every woman than a day as special as a Mother's Day, with a big hug and a heartfelt gift. Anything from her child would be precious for her, but it is better to give her something that involves some effort from the kid's side. Surprise your mom with a beautiful handcrafted gift this Mother's Day and see her jump in joy. Hand crafting a gift will add a heartwarming touch to your celebrations too. Given below are some easy craft ideas that can be made easily at home with a few home supplies and a little ingenuity. Cheer up your mother with these simple yet elegant craft ideas and make her day special.
Kids Crafts For Mother's Day
Fingerprint Flower Vase
Mothers don't require any gifts from her children, but if you are planning to give one, here are a few easy kids' craft ideas.
Mother's Day Crafts For Kids
- Enamel Paints (yellow, purple, and pink)
- An Empty Glass Jar
- Take a clean, dry glass jar without any label on it. Hold it by the mouth to avoid grabbing wet paint.
- Dip your fingers and touch the jar gently with the fingertip to form a dot of paint. You are free to try your creativity adding more dimensions to the art.
- Create dots to make a petal and center of the flower. Alternate, it with other hues too. Keep the jar at a safe place and allow it to dry.
- Read the instruction to gather information about the drying time. This is very important because, some paints dry easily while some takes up to three weeks to be ready.
Button Bracelet Craft
- 10-12 inches Long Elastic Cord
- Colorful Shank Buttons
- Take a button and string it on to the cord. Leave the button about 3-inches from one end and tie a knot to hold it, continue doing this with other colorful buttons.
- Remember to secure each button with a knot. Continue stringing the buttons until it is of the desired length.
- Once the desired length is achieved, tie knots on both ends. Your beautiful mother's day bracelet is ready.
Helping Hands Craft For Mom
- Colored Paper
- Sand or Styrofoam
- Florist Picks or Straws
- Tacky Glue
- Flower Pot (optional)
- Trace your child's hand on a colored paper about 4-6 times and cut out these impressions.
- Cut out the shapes of leaves in a green color paper.
- Write some messages like "For a wonderful mom", 'a big hug', etc. on the hand impressions.
- Take the florist pick or straws, tape the hands to the backside, and add paper leaves if desired.
- Fill the pot with sand or Styrofoam and put the flowers in the pot to create a wonderful Mother's Day gift.
- You may fill the pot with treats like chocolates or candies instead of other fillers to make the moments even sweeter.
Cutlery Wind Chimes
- Sharp Pencil
- Paper Plate
- Pair Of Scissors
- Some String or Yarn
- Some Plastic Cutlery
- Cut around seven pieces of strings of 4 to 6 inches length. Now, tie the strings to the ends of the cutlery.
- Poke some holes carefully into the paper plate and thread the string through them.
- Tie a knot for each piece and lastly fasten pieces of strings to the top of the plate.
- Decorate the plate with crayons, paints, colored papers or markers. A wonderful mother's day gift is ready
These were some simple yet interesting Mother's Day gift that could bring great happiness to a mother's heart. Try them and celebrate this wonderful occasion.