"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." This quote perfectly mirrors the sacrifice and dedication of a mother that often goes overlooked and misunderstood as 'duty'. However, for a mother, her child is never a burden. In fact, raising a child isn't just a full-time occupation for her, but rather a leisure pursuit. For a toddler, his/her world revolves around the mother. Nothing makes them happier than being around their mothers and being mollycoddled by them. Let us respect this beautiful selfless relationship, the sacred bond of love. Help the toddler gift his/her mom an adorable gift, making this Mother's Day extremely special for both the mom and the tots. With the simple ideas given below, you can help your toddler indulge in some easy crafts and brighten up his mother's face with a smile. Here are some Mother's Day craft ideas for toddlers.
Mother's Day Crafts Ideas For Toddlers
This Mother's Day, let your toddlers surprise their mothers. Read more to find some Mother's Day craft ideas for toddlers.
Mother's Day Crafts For Toddlers
- Hand-Printed Apron
- Fabric Paint Colors of your Favorite Shades
- Light-Colored Apron
- 2 Paper Plates
- Fabric Pen
- The first thing you should do is to clear the area since toddlers are going to be around, and cover the area with newspaper. There is always the risk of paints being spilled. Therefore, it's better to cover the area to prevent it from being stained with fabric paints.
- Let the toddler sit comfortably and place the apron beside the baby. Now, instruct the child to pour the fabric colors on the paper plates, one shade in each plate and then press the child's hand in the paint until the paint spreads evenly over the palm. Moving the palm slightly on the plate would help even spreading. Now, place the toddler's hand on the apron; once on the apron do not move for some seconds, until the paint gets absorbed. Remove the hand and clean it. Repeat it with other colors. Once dry, fold it carefully and pack it with a gift-wrap.
- If the toddler is patient enough, you may try making him write a massage like 'Happy Mother's Day' or 'I Love You Mom' using fingers.
- Photo of the Mother & Child
- Colored Construction Paper
- Hole Punch
- Marker in any color
- Writing Paper Strips
- Trace out the child's hand on the colored construction paper and cut it out.
- Help the child apply some glue on the photo and paste it on the hand cutout. Leave a message like "Mom, A Helping Hand For You!"
- Punch out a hole on the wrist part of the hand with the help of a hole punch.
- Cut writing paper strips exactly of the same size as the width of the hand cutout, stack them together and punch a hole at the top center.
- Insert a ribbon and tie the writing papers to the wrist. Do not forget to trim the end of the ribbon. This could be useful gift for the mothers to scribble down important things. Isn't that a helpful gift?
I Love My Mum Flower
- Colored Construction Paper
- Pen and Pencils
- Help the toddler draw a circle and six petals on a colored construction paper and then cut out the six petals along with the circle.
- Make the kid your kid write 'I love my Mum' on the circle.
- Allow the baby to scribble down whatever he likes, on each each of the six petals. Paste the petals to the back of the circle and leave to dry.
- Help the toddler tape a drinking straw to the back of the flower.
- Decorate a vase, with this pretty flower. An adorable gift is ready!
These simple gifts from the toddler would really be a surprise for the mother and would stay closer to her heart forever.