After marriage, a girl has two mothers. She has to look after them and pamper them with love and care. Make your mother-in-law happy and gift her handmade crafts to tell her how special she is to you. Make this day unique for her and gift her wonderful moments that will enlighten her. When you fail to express it through your words, a handcrafted gift will carry the warmth and love you wish to show to her. Here are two simple crafts mentioned which will be a great gift for your mother-in-law. As it is said, lucky is that girl who is able to find her mother in her mother in law. Rather than being her daughter-in-law, become her daughter and earn love and respect from her by showing how much she means to you. Scroll further to find your inspiration and try making them today. Rest assured, she will love you for it!
Craft Ideas For Mother In Law
What are you planning to gift your mother-in-law this Mother's Day? You can find here, interesting crafts that you can gift her on that special day.
Crafts For Mother In Law
- 9 Wooden Cubes
- Sponge Brush
- Pencil And Ruler
- Take a suitable family picture. Using a pencil and a ruler, divide the rear side of the picture into equal rows and columns.
- After you cut the photo following the lines of divisions, you will get nine equal blocks for making the square.
- Stick these pieces onto the nine cubes and stick all the cubes together.
- Now, you have all the pieces of the photo glued together on each side of the block.
- In order to make it look more attractive, you can tie it with some tulle.
- Here, you go! You have a perfect gift for your mother in law.
- Embroidery Floss and Needle
- Piece of Felt
- Pinking Shears
- Scar Pieces of Felt and Button for Embellishments
- As the first step, you have to start by cutting a rectangular piece of felt to perfectly fit in the travel size tissues, using the pinking shears.
- A 6 x 7 inch rectangular piece would be the standard size of the felt, which is common for most of the tissues.
- Fold the two long ends of the felt around the tissue pack, similar to how you wrap a present.
- Here, you have to make sure that the felt only overlaps the tissue slightly and that it's not too tight.
- Now, using a needle and thread of the corresponding color, you have to give a simple basting stich at the edges. Use a soft or a light color thread such that it won't be much visible from outside. Keep the stitches close to the edges and do not stitch across the middle where the edges meet. It is because you need some space to pull out the tissues.
- To make the tissue holder more pretty, you may add on some embellishments, which you choose. For this, you may cut a flower pattern or any other design from another contrasting color felt and stitch it on top of the holder.
- Or in other case, you may also stitch the name of your mother in law neatly across the top.
- When you are done with the stitching work, try pulling out one tissue and keep it popped outside. There you go! The creative mother in law present is all ready to go.
Certain handmade crafts are sure to enthrall hearts of many. Especially when it's your mother in law, she will be delighted to see your creative side and will wow you for your efforts. After all, she is also your mother.