"God couldn't be everywhere, so he created mothers" - this popular line celebrates the greatest relationship on earth, that of a mother and a child. She is the one who introduced you to this beautiful world, held your hands when you had your first walk, fed and nurtured you with her love. One of the biggest guiding force for her kids, it's the mother who shapes the life and personality of her children. Even by stacking all the world's most expensive gifts on her feet, you find it impossible to repay the love that she showered on you. Still, giving expression to your love is something that you can do for your dear mom. Giving a beautiful craft as gift not only reveals your innovative mind, but also makes her feel special. More than gift, it is a token of love that she is bound to cherish all her life. Spending few hours in making a beautiful hand crafted gift for your mother is not going to cost you the whole world. So, make a beautiful craft gift and express your love and affection for the most wonderful person in your life!
Simple Craft Ideas For Mother's Day
Book Of Love
Crafts are an easy way to impress every mom. Go through the article to get some simple ideas to make crafts for your mom on this Mother's Day.
Easy Mother's Day Crafts
- Red Paper
- White Paper
- Tapestry Needle
- Cut a red paper heart of about 6 inches. Now cut around 10 to 20 hearts from white paper. Group the hearts in five hunches, with each bunch folded down in the middle portion.
- Create poke holes of ½ inches down the centre with a tapestry needle. (Young kids can seek the help of their father in this step).
- Pile the hearts in a group along with a cover on top.
- Thread the cover using yarn with a knot at one end. Stitch through the holes with a knot at the end portion.
- Ornament the cover further and seal using a kiss.
Hand and Footprint Flower Craft
- Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
- Cup (to trace for the centre circle)
- Picture of the Child (optional)
- Trace your feet in a green coloured construction paper and cut them.
- Cut a strip of green construction paper of about 1 inch width and 8 inches length to make the stem.
- Trace your hands in different colours of construction paper. You can use as many handprints to make a full flower. (This depends of the age of the child, for a four year old child, six handprints are required to get a full flower.)
- Fasten the footprints at the bottom portion to create the flowers.
- Glue the handprints to the top portion of the stem in alternative colours, in order to make the flower.
- Trace an adequately sized cup on a yellow construction paper. Cut and fasten it in the central portion of the hand print flower to make the centre.
- Cut out one of your small pictures and paste it to the centre of the yellow circle.
- Write the date on leaf and one or two favourite lines, which convey your affection towards your mother in another leaf.
Mothers Day Mirror
- Handy Mirror with a flat surface on the back
- Attractive Pictures from greeting cards
- Decorative Items such as Silk Flowers, Button, Sequins, Beads
- Tacky Glue
- Card Stock
- Hole Punch
- Cut a picture from an old greeting card and paste it on the back of the mirror.
- Ornament the rest of the area of the mirror with gems, sequins, flowers, ribbons and rickracks.
- Cut out a small card from a card stock. Strike a hole on its top left hand corner.
- Pen a beautiful poem on the card after which you can fasten it to the mirror.
Mother's day is an occasion to convey the love and affection for your dear mom. Now, it's up to you to surprise her with a beautiful gift!