It is rightly said that, "Genes skip generations. Maybe that's why grandparents find their grandchildren so likeable." Your grandmother might be your best friend who plays with you, loves you the most, cares for you and narrates you bed time stories. Thank your grandmother on this Mother's Day and make her feel special with a wonderful handcrafted gift. Handcrafted gifts are sure to please your grandma and she might as well treasure it as a prized possession and always keep it close to her. Use these crafts to signify the amount of your love and respect towards her and show the intensity of your love. See the dazzle in your grandmother's eye as she receives your token of love and observe her face as it enlightens. With the message to "live healthy for more years to come", you can actually make this day special and heart touching for your grandmother. Scroll ahead for ideas!
Craft Ideas For Grandmothers
Family Collage Craft
If you have children who love arts and are creative, here are few ideas for crafts making for grandmothers, this Mother's Day.
Crafts For Grandmothers
- Family Photos
- Thick paper or poster board
- Before you cut and shape the photos of your family members to make a collage, make sure that you pick your pictures carefully after a lot of thought and care.
- Randomly stick the shaped photos onto a thick paper or a poster board.
- Depending on the style as to how you want to decorate your collage, you may use markers to make it look more attractive.
- It is optional to write special messages for everyone present in the collage or write their names and how they are related to you and hand it over to your grandmothers and make them feel special.
The Daffodil Bunch
- Egg Box
- Yellow Card
- Sticky Tape
- Green Drinking Straws
- Orange Paint
- Take the egg box and paint the bottom with orange paint. Leave the box untouched for a while giving it ample time to dry off.
- From the yellow cards, make six flower patterns and keep it aside.
- Cut out individual compartments from the egg box and use these pieces to stick them in the center of the flowers. It will look like the shape of a trumpet.
- To denote the stem of the daffodils, stick the green straw behind the flower using a tape or glue.
- You may also make the vase with green cardboard paper and display them beautifully.
Bouquet Of Photo Flowers
- Glue Stick
- Green Chenille Stems, one for each flower
- The photos that you select should be cut into circles, in the size of the center of the flower.
- From the construction paper, cut the patterns for the flower. Choose vibrant colors so that your entire bouquet looks appealing and vibrant.
- Glue the photo in the center of the flower. You may make it more attractive by cutting about a half inch around the flower and sticking patterned paper at the borders. This step is optional.
- Take stems, paste it behind your flower, and make sure that it is secured properly.
- If you want to make it more presentable, then you may make a vase using the green cardboard paper and place it inside. Or else, you may tie it with the help of a red ribbon and gift it to your grandmother.
Whatever you gift your grandmother, she will surely appreciate your efforts and treasure your gift. So go ahead and touch her heart with a beautiful hand crafted gift.