We always tend to take certain relationships for granted and say least to those we love the most, in hope that our thoughts will automatically be understood. It's true that mothers have a special place in our lives but somehow our relationship with her becomes like what is described above; that even though we love her, we start to take her for granted. When the truth is, and we know it, that we can't thank her enough for the patience, encouragement, strength, and generosity she has showered on us without asking anything in return. She will however, maintain the same zeal, and will continue to just that in future as well. Will it then, not be hearty and much required gesture on our part to let her know that everything she did is appreciated? More than anything else; she, of all people in your life, deserves to know that. Don't let this mother's day slip by too; make the most of it. And one of the ways to express your feelings is through quotations; write them on greeting cards, gift labels or just read them. These simple yet powerful words will send your message of all the positive sentiments. She will laugh with it, cry with it and smile with it. Here, have a read!
Short Quotes For Mother's Day
Make mother's day special by writing short and sweet quotations on greeting cards, messages and gift labels.
Short Mother's Day Quotes
- "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." - Oprah Winfrey
- "A man's work is from sun to sun, but a mother's work is never done." - Unknown
- "A man loves his sweetheart the most; his wife the best, but his mother the longest." - Irish Proverb
- "God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers." - Jewish Proverb
- "A mother understands what a child does not say." - Jewish proverb
- "Are we not like two volumes of one book?" - Marceline Desbordes-Valmore
- "Children are a great comfort in your old age, and they help you reach it faster, too." -Lionel Kauffman.
- "Sing out loud in the car even, or especially, if it embarrasses your children." - Marilyn Penland.
- "Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children." - Charles R. Swindoll.
- "There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it." - Chinese Proverb
- "Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected." - Red Buttons
- "Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children." - William Makepeace Thackeray
- "Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children." - Sam Levenson
- "The one thing children wear out faster than shoes are parents." - John J. Plomp
- "Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle age." - William Feather
- "I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich." - Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford
- "Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- "A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother." - Unknown
- "Sweater, a garment worn by a child when its mother is feeling chilly." - Ambrose Bierce
- "All mothers are working mothers." - Unknown
- "Mother - that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries." - T. DeWitt Talmage
- "I regard no man as poor who has a godly mother." - Abraham Lincoln
- "The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." - Honore de Balzac quotes
- "The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom." - Henry Ward Beecher
- "A mother is a mother still, the holiest thing alive" - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "For the hand that rocks the cradle - is the hand that rules the world" - William Ross Wallace
- "An ounce of mother is worth a ton of priest" - Spanish Proverb quotes
- "No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you - life" - Unknown
- "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother" - Abraham Lincoln quotes
- "Other things may change us, but we start and end with family" - Anthony Brandt