Marc Chagall once said that, "My mother's love for me was so great I have worked hard to justify it", which is quite true and many of us feel the same, several times during our lives. A mother is a figure that nourishes her baby into an adult, and thus, has a deep impact on the personality of the child. It is impossible not to try to show the gratitude which builds up along with us, growing up. So, sons and daughters all over the world decided to dedicate one day entirely to the mothers and aptly called it - The Mother's Day. Different people try to show their love and respect for their mothers in different ways; saying it with a quote is a suitably nice way. But finding quotes which aptly suit the occasion and convey the right meaning are hard to find. Allow us to lend you a helping hand, cutting your toil into half. Have a read!
More Quotes….Mother's Day
Mother's day is the occasion to pay rich tributes to our mom. These mother's day quotes and famous sayings reflect how important our mom is.
Quotes on Mother
- "The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." - David O. McKay
- "A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- "Creating a warm, caring, supportive, encouraging environment is probably the most important thing you can do for your family." - Stephen Covey
- "Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." - Zora Neale Hurston
- "God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers." - Jewish Proverb
- "The commonest fallacy among women is that simply having children makes one a mother - which is as absurd as believing that having a piano makes one a musician." - Sydney Harris
- On Mother's Day a minister gave this perfect tribute: "My mother practices what I preach."- Capper's Weekly
- "Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, and call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." - Jane Howard
- "Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall. A mother's secret love outlives them all." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
- "Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn, Hundreds of bees in the purple clover, Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn, but only one mother the wide world over." - George Cooper
- "When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." - Sophia Loren
- "Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible." - Marion C. Garretty
- "Women's Liberation is just a lot of foolishness. It's the men who are discriminated against. They can't bear children. And no one's likely to do anything about that." - Golda Meir
- "You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around and why his parents will always wave back." - William D. Tammeus
- "Now that... my kids are grown, I understand how much work and love it takes to raise and to keep a family together. The example of your strength, devotion, and patience is now rippling through the generations. Thank you!" - Forest Houtenschil
- "On Mother's Day I have written a poem for you. In the interest of poetic economy and truth, I have succeeded in concentrating my deepest feelings and beliefs into two perfectly crafted lines: You're my mother, I would have no other!" - Forest Houtenschil