Music is the heart and soul of a party. No party or celebration seems to be complete without melodies. For a Mother's Day party also, music is a very important component and if your mom is a music lover, it becomes all the more important. However, make sure that you include the numbers that define the celebration mood. While selecting or making a choice on the kind of music you would want in a Mother's Day party, be sure that the guests as well as the guest of honor i.e. your mother would love them. A prior homework before enlisting the musical number will really come in handy for you to organize a wonderful melody filled Mother's day party. In a party, music complements the mood and does not let the occasion to be the drab one. In the following lines, we have provided some ideas on how to select Mother's Day party music.
Music Tips For Mother's Day Party
Do you want some ideas for the kind of music you should play for a Mother's Day party? Listed below are some tips you should adhere to.
Mother's Day Party Music
- The music for a Mother's Day party should be in sync with the theme of the party. For example, if you have a 60s theme, include the songs that were a hit in that era.
- Have a variety of music. If you are arranging the music on your own, make sure that the stereo system and CDs have been arranged. However, if you have hired a DJ, inform him in advance what kind of music you want.
- In the beginning of the party, play songs that praise mothers and motherhood.
- Pick one mother-based song and learn the lyrics. When this song is played in the party, sing it along. Dedicate it to your mother alone or to all the mothers attending the party.
- Remember, music is the energy booster of a party. Play soft music all the time in the party. This would retain its ambience every time the conversation dies.
- Include your mom's favorite songs in the play list. Right from the oldies to the recent ones, play a wide variety of songs.
- When you think that the guests have settled enough to indulge in dance, start playing some foot tapping numbers. Make the music a bit loud, but not ear-splitting.
- You can play instrumental music that is motivational, rhythmic, and relaxed. This will set the ambience of the party and let the party ball rolling. An add-on to the instrumental music could be the recitation of poems dedicated to your mother.
- Today Mother's Day is just not celebrated in US or Europe. The occasion has become a global event which is celebrated to cherish the importance of motherhood. Thus, you can give a regional rendition to the party by playing music of your language; just remember to play appropriate songs based on mothers.
- It is a great idea if you can arrange a choral group to sing Mother's Day song. If possible try to acquire the instrumental version of the song that could be played while the group sings. However, if you or your friends can play musical instrument for the song then there is nothing like it!
- You can consider playing songs dedicated to mothers back to back with an enactment. Such an effort is sure to win applauds and loads of appreciation from your mom.
- You can also write the names of the songs and place it near the DJ so that others may as well request songs and enjoy the music of their liking.
- If you really want to surprise your mother through music then learn to play a tune which may be her favorite. She will not only be pleasantly surprised but she will appreciate your effort to show your love for her.