Mother's day is the time to commemorate motherhood and the endless efforts she makes in nurturing the best human being within us. Across the world, the day is celebrated with same underlined zeal though the time and tradition may differ. Many of us take our loving mom to shopping where she can pick what she wants most, while others give her sweet surprises, and many transform the day into party time celebrating the day with full fun and festivity. To all this and more, just add a personalised touch of a homemade chocolate cake and see an ear-to-ear smile on your mum's face. The next subsection will provide you recipes for making simple and easy chocolate cake and chocolate chip nut cake. These tasty appetising cakes will make the day most memorable and relishing for the entire family. What are you waiting for then? Have a read and head straight towards the kitchen for preparing for the best mother's day celebration.
Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe
Chocolate chip cake is an easy cake recipe and favourite of all. Celebrate this mother's day by trying our chocolate chip cake recipes.
Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 cup Flour; Unbleached, Sieved
- 1/2 cup Cocoa; Baking
- 2 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Shortening; Vegetable
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Corn Syrup; Dark
- 3 Eggs; Large, Separated
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Coffee; Cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Then cream together the shortening and sugar in a mixing bowl until it becomes light and feathery. Mix together the corn syrup and egg yolks. Beat in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with coffee to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Now beat egg whites in another bowl until stiff peaks form; fold egg whites into cake batter.
- Put batter into a greased 15x10x 2-inch baking pot.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Cool in pan on rack.
- Now enjoy the delicious mother's day chocolate cake along with your family and friends!
Banana Brownie Cake
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Cocoa
- ¼ cup non-fat dry Milk Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 large very ripe Banana
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 large White Eggs
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degree F at first.
- Take vegetable cooking spray and use it to coat a 9-inch baking pan.
- Make a mixture using flour, cocoa, milk powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Mash banana, sugar, egg whites, buttermilk and vanilla in food processor till you find smooth batter.
- Pulse the batter adding dry ingredients till it blends.
- Pour it into the pan coated with vegetable spray.
- Bake it for nearly 25 minutes or so. Ensure the fineness of cake by pushing at centre with a toothpick.
- Let it cool.
- Your Banana Brownie is ready to enjoy.
Chocolate Chip Nut Cake
- 2 ½ cup of flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter or Margarine
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Chopped Nuts
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Mix together the first four ingredients counting flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set them aside.
- Now take butter, sugar and eggs. Form a creamy solution by whipping in the eggs one at a time.
- Now, put sour cream and vanilla to this creamy solution.
- Blend the two mixtures together. Also add the nuts, chocolate chips, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Put half of the batter in 10 inch tube pan and mix some choco chips in the remaining half solution.
- Combine the two mixtures and finally sprinkle the chocolate chip nut on the top.
- Bake the batter for 35 to 40 minutes at 350o F.
- Take it off from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Use a butter knife to slacken off the sides of cake.
- The cake is ready now.