It's not through her words but through her cooking that a mother shows her love, and nothing ranks higher than the appetising food prepared by her. What's so special about her cooking then? It's the secret ingredient called love; a symbol of her blessing that always stays with us. It doesn't stop at that though, for she is always concerned about our health and no matter how busy, always finds time to serve us with a nutritional meal. Now, it's our turn to pamper her, plan something special for her? This mother's day step into your mother's shoes and take charge of meals; let her have a much needed break from kitchen. Rest assured, no gift will be more charming than this one. Here are some healthy meal ideas for mother's day; pick any of them and get set to work. A healthy meal with you and the rest, she sure will enjoy to the fullest!
Healthy Recipes For Mother's Day
Berry Mint Salad
Here is an article with some of the healthy recipes to try on this mother's day. Have a look.
Healthy Mother's Day Recipes
- 125g fresh Strawberries
- 125g fresh Raspberries
- 125g fresh Blueberries
- 1 tsp. Orange juice
- 60ml Maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Vanilla essence
- 20g fresh Mint leaves
- 1 Banana, sliced
- Take a medium sized glass bowl. Place fresh fruits like strawberries, raspberries and blueberries in it.
- Blend the juice, maple syrup, and vanilla essence together in another utensil to mix well.
- Pour this blend over the fruits already put in glass bowl.
- Add some mint leaves and spin the salad material gently.
- Put fruits in serving bowls and use bananas slices as toppings, arranging them on these fruits.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped turkey pepperoni
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Beat together eggs, pepper, milk, parsley and salt.
- Stir this mixture in pepperoni.
- Divide cheddar cheese among mini muffin cups.
- Next, pour egg mixture over cheese, filling cups to the top.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until mini frittatas are set and puffed up.
- Remove from oven
- Before serving, keep for cooling for 5 minutes.
Low Fat Yogurt-Granola Parfait
- 1 large sliced banana
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 cups low fat granola
- 2 cups low fat strawberry or vanilla yogurt
- In a large bowl or a glass layer strawberries, yogurt, granola, and banana alternately.
- Finishing the layering with a light sprinkling of granola on top.
- Garnish with a few slices of strawberries.
- Chill before serving so as to taste yummy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup seasonal fruit chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix egg, oil, vanilla and buttermilk.
- In the centre of the flour mixture make a hole. Add all ingredients into this hole.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth.
- If using fruit, add it.
- For each pancake, scoop 1/4 cup of batter on to a non-stick frying pan greased with cooking oil.
- When bubbles appear and edges are cooked, turn pancakes.
- Cook for a minute on the other side.
- Serve hot.
Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- 4 large egg whites
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ounce thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2 thin sliced green tops scallions
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a small bowl blend the eggs, egg whites and pepper.
- At medium flame, heat the oil in a non stick greasy pan.
- Deep fry the Scallion on the pan and cook it until it gets soft. It will approximately take 30 seconds.
- Next, pour the eggs into the pan.
- Cook it till it begins to set on the pan.
- Now stir the salmon.
- Continue cooking till the time eggs thicken and soften to become dreamy curds.
- Serve hot.